What is All on 6?
This is a dental implant solution for those patients with limited bone tissue in the jaw. The All-on-6 procedure replaces completely the teeth in a low-cost, simple procedure.
It consists in a denture supported on top of six dental implants.
This denture alternative provides patients with their own new set of permanent teeth.
For more information fill our:
How All on 6 is done?
1. The dentist takes records of your existing condition (whether you still have teeth or if you are wearing a denture).
2. Then, proceed to perform minimally invasive surgery, where 6 implants are surgically placed and a denture is snapped on the implants.
3. The procedure takes around 2 and half hours total. After it you can go back home and rest.
4. We will provide with you with antibiotics, analgesics and inflammation reducers and a medicated oral rinse to help the healing process.
5. Once the surgery is completed, it will take from 6 to 8 months for the dental implants to fuse with the bone, to avoid a body rejection to the implant.
6. We can place a temporary denture after surgery. These provisional teeth look and feel like natural teeth, and you can lead a normal life while you wait for the permanent denture.
7. Once the implant is fused with the bone, you will come back to Prisma Dental so we can scan your skull, jaw and bite to design your future set of teeth.
8. Then, the laboratory design your set of theeth. This process will take around 5 days long.
9. Once your new prothesis is ready we will place your final denture over the implants and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again!
What are the advantages of All on 6?
- Improvement in the quality of life: this procedure provides patients with new dentures on the day of the implant surgery. You will enjoy a natural smile according to your needs.
- Treatment plan is shorter: requires fewer surgeries than conventional implants and also most cases do not require bone grafting.
- Lower costs: the All on 6 treatment plans costs are less expensive than any other plans here at Costa Rica.
- Stability: even when the bone volume is low, implants are placed tilted so there is a bigger bone-to-implant contact.
- No removable appliances needed: since your new denture is fixed to your jawbone, you don’t need to take it out.
Our implant expert, Dr. Josef Cordero, has placed more than 5000 dental implants. He has trained to place implants and rehabilitate them all over the world. We have our own dental lab supervised by our dentists to give our patients the best quality in the quickest time possible. We would like you to know more about our dentists.