Halloween is a great season to be enjoyed, but sometimes that can lead to dental complications like cracked teeth. Candy canes, lollipops, and other scrumptious delights we may enjoy at this time can cause a tooth to crack.
Some interesting facts about cracked teeth:
- It is one of the most common reasons people seek help from their dentist
- Common symptoms are
- pain when chewing
- sensitivity to hot or cold
- Some other factors that can contribute to the risk of a cracked tooth are
- large fillings
- the habit of grinding or clenching your teeth
- teeth with previous root canals
- lost or missing teeth (the lack of some teeth means the remaining are loaded with extra pressure)
- habits (like chewing ice, pens and using your teeth as bottle openers)
Here at Prisma Dental, we have state-of-the-art imaging equipment available to diagnose a cracked tooth, providing you precise information of the nature of the crack and most importantly of all, many treatment options available to repair the damage efficiently.
Prevention is always the best cure, this helps lower the risk of fractures.
Treatment options for cracked teeth can go from resin fillings, porcelain inlays or onlays, veneers or crowns. It all depends on the type and length of the crack. At Prisma Dental we also recommend the use of a night guard to diminish the risk of tooth fracture, especially if you have had any restorations done.
To find out more or make an appointment call us at our toll free line 1-866-741-8194 today or email us a firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to answer any questions.