Orthodontic Treatment in San Jose, Costa Rica
While most people associate orthodontic treatment with an aesthetically pleasing straighter smile, at Prisma Dental we know that there are a variety of ways well-aligned teeth can benefit your oral health. Here are a few:
- Well-aligned teeth experience less tooth decay and gum disease in the short and long term because they’re easier to clean and are less likely to trap food and bacteria.
- Rectifying an improper bite can help relieve stress on your jaw and temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
- A straight, well-aligned smile can greatly improve your overall self-esteem and confidence.
When should someone receive orthodontic treatment?
While there are a variety of factors to consider when it comes to the ideal time to undergo orthodontic treatment, age, self-esteem, and the complexity of the case are key.
It’s recommended that young patients undergo their first alignment evaluation around age seven. During this visit, we’ll assess their teeth and gums, do a “bite test” to gauge how their jaws fit together, and make educated projections about if and when they may require orthodontic treatment. While most children won’t begin treatment until they’re approximately 10 to 14, each patient is unique and may require earlier or later intervention.
Which orthodontic treatment is best?
While we offer band-and-bracket, Invisalign, and ceramic orthodontic systems, our dental experts will examine your mouth and recommend the system that will most benefit your smile.
We’d love to help you achieve a healthy, aligned smile. Call us today to discuss the possibilities!
Get In Touch With Us About Orthodontics Today
- Straighten your smile
- Address bite and misalignment issues
- Utilize the orthodontic system that will best suit your needs
- Prevent future oral health problems that can be caused by misaligned teeth
- Boost your smiling confidence!