Dental Crowns & Bridges in Costa Rica
Why is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth.
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- To hold a dental bridge in place.
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth.
- To cover a dental implant.
A bridge is performed when a tooth or several teeth are missing. It is composed by three or more dental crowns together. It can be done on metal porcelain crowns, or zirconium. We do not recommend pure porcelain bridges.