Wisdom Teeth Removal in San Jose, Costa Rica
While not every patient will need to have their wisdom teeth removed, at Prisma Dental in San Jose, we know that many patients will. If you’re considering having yours extracted or suspect you may need to, here are a few benefits associated with having them removed:
- You’ll avoid issues with overcrowding. Wisdom teeth can cause your teeth to become crowded or misaligned, and depending on how they grow in, these teeth can also push nearby teeth out of position and undo any orthodontic work you’ve had performed.
- You’ll reduce your risk of developing gum disease. Some patients’ wisdom teeth can become trapped beneath their gum line or only partially erupt, which can trap food and bacteria against gums and lead to an increased risk of gum disease.
- You’ll reduce your risk of developing tumors and cysts. If wisdom teeth are impacted and left in place, there’s a risk that tumors or cysts may develop, causing pain and bone loss in the surrounding area.
- You’ll make future dental work easier. Removing your wisdom teeth early on helps ensure that future orthodontic treatment you undergo is likely to be more successful.
If you’re experiencing tooth pain, face pain, jaw pain, gum inflammation, swelling, pain when opening your mouth, or bad breath, call us right away for a thorough assessment. If your wisdom teeth are the source of your pain, we’re here to help!
Get In Touch With Us About Wisdom Teeth Removal Today
- Eradicate pain and inflammation
- Prevent damage to nearby teeth
- Avoid the misalignment issues wisdom teeth can cause
- Reduce your risk of developing tumors, cysts, and jaw damage
- Prioritize your smile and oral health!